For fashion or function, this collar will add excitement to your nights. Adorn your neck in a bold and vivid style. Millions of combinations await you with just a few choices. Primary strap, with a D rings in front or by the buckle (or both), is riveted to a soft leather pad for comfort and distribution of force if tugged. Add studs, spikes, and other decorations. Add an engraved name plate. Choose soft rabbit fur for a fluffy comfy feel. Make it wide and huge if that's your style.
Primary Straps can be made with extra length for dual use on both bare skin and over costuming or for wear by others with larger size requirements.
Materials available for these collars:
Pad strap in thick soft buffalo or colorful bullhide.
Inner liner of matching material, or your choice in color of thin, soft deer hide. Rabbit fur or sheep wool is also available, along with white chap leather for fursuiters.
Primary strap in latigo leather or GatorStrap (1 and 1.5 inch widths only) for the UV and unusual colors. If you want UV reactive primary straps, simply mention that in the customer input box, this will override the leather primary strap color selector. Contact Lagarto after ordering if any instructions are not obvious.
Collar width and hardware guide:
1.5, 2 and 2.25 inch wide pad collar has a 1 inch primary strap with 1 inch buckles and 1 inch D-rings
2.5 inch wide pad collar has 1.5 inch primary strap with 1.5 inch buckles and 1.5 inch D-rings
3 inch wide pad collar has 1.5 inch primary strap with 1.5 inch buckles and 1.5 inch D-rings
3.5 inch wide pad collar has 2 inch primary strap with 2 inch buckles and 2 inch D-rings
4 inch wide pad collar has 2 inch primary strap with 2 inch buckles and 2 inch D-rings
4.5 inch wide pad collar has 2.5 inch primary strap with 2.5 inch double prong buckles and 2.5 inch D-rings
5 inch wide pad collar has 2.5 inch primary strap with 2.5 inch double prong buckles and 2.5 inch D-rings
Upgrade to a triangle-O ring, add studs, spikes, crystal rivets, bells, extra D-rings, name plates, and locking options to make it completely YOU
Add decorative edge stitching to the primary and/or pad strap in your choice of 24 colors for $20 extra each part. Stitching is not possible on GatorStrap™.
Add powder coated stainless steel hardware for $1 per rivet, $2 per small part, $4 per large part, and $6 per giant part, in any of the following colors:
(black is always ready without delay, other colors may require up to 30 days additional wait time due to hardware processing)
metallic plum (dark purple)
The pricing for powder coating is difficult to calculate, because with this catalog item you can order multiple sets of cuffs which have a different number and size of components. Either order and pay the difference after, or tell Lagarto what you intend to order and an exact quote can be given to pay at the time of your first order. If you want a powder coat color other than black, please contact Lagarto before ordering to discuss what color choices you have, and how long it will delay production of your collar. Some hardware is already coated and ready to install, other colors have to be processed, which is dirty, time consuming, and complicated. Sometimes blasting rough and powder coating jobs are delayed due to life circumstances or a busy work schedule.
1. When measuring your neck circumference, round up to the next higher half inch. For example 15.25" rounds up to 15.5".
2. If you want a collar to fit loosely, choose an inch larger than your circumference measurement.
3. If you want a collar to fit snug, choose an inch smaller than your circumference measurement - though consider simply adjusting from normal to a smaller setting when you want snug, giving you the opportunity to wear it normal if you retain water or gain weight.
4. To avoid a sloppy look and function, collars have a maximum of 9 adjustment holes. 6 or fewer adjustment holes is highly recommended.
5. Adjustment holes end at the collar size chosen, for a normal fit, with the two ends of the pad touching. Additional holes will all be tighter. Normal means free movement but not much more. Each hole is a half inch apart. Overlap the two ends of the pad strap to make a smaller fit.
6. Fursuiters: add 4-6 inches to your neck measurement for proper collar fit. The bulkier or fluffier your fursuit fur is around your neck, the more space you need for the collar to be visible, not disappear in the fluff, and prevent making you sweat and get a rash around your neck from being too tight. Keep in mind, this will create an illusion fit, not a functional one. If you want a snug bedroom fit for your fursuit, you will probably need a different collar from the one you wear in public. Also, choose the white chap liner or go with GatorStrap to avoid staining your suit. Dyes in leather and rabbit fur will leach out when they get wet, so a white liner or PVC collar will prevent damage to your polyester fibers.
Please read additional information about materials durability and warranty following the links at the bottom of any page on this website. If the collar wearer wishes to bathe/swim/sleep with the collar on, or will sweat profusely, please consider GatorStrap™ collars offered here.
Latigo Collar with Primary Strap, pad and liner
- Brand: Lagarto
- Product Code: LatColPPL
- Availability: Pre-Order