PHOTOS NOTE: the pictured sample collar for this product is 1 inch wide. I have never sold one this width without an accent strap. When I have an order for the first one of these, I will replace the product photographs.
A Lagarto original design, this classic collar is stylish, strong, and economical. One and a quarter inch width latigo leather strap in your choice of color is the base. Latigo, also known as belt leather, does not stretch or deform under moderate stress. Lagarto chooses latigo hides which are a smooth, matte finish on the outside. Choose your favorite interior deer hide liner color. Deer is perfect for direct contact with skin, as these hides are thin, soft, and dyed rather than pigmented. Dyed hides leave the original hide skin exposed, so this type of leather rarely causes any irritation to the wearer. When your collar is new, some dye will subtly stain your skin if you perspire a lot, but that dye washes off easily with soap and water. If you'd like a thicker liner that has the same properties as Deer, choose black buffalo. This hide is about twice as thick as deer, but nearly as soft on the surface.
one and a quarter inch roller buckle with strap keeper loop
Front center D-ring, or D-ring near the buckle (pet-D), or BOTH for $16 extra
Strap length to fit your size ordered, with extra holes for easy adjustment to smaller sizes
Choose your strap color
Choose your liner color
Upgrade to a triangle-O ring, add studs, spikes, crystal rivets, bells, extra D-rings, name plates, and locking options to make it completely YOU
Add decorative edge stitching in your choice of 24 colors for $20 extra
Add powder coated stainless steel hardware for $12 extra, in any of the following colors:
(black is always ready without delay, other colors may require up to 30 days additional wait time due to hardware processing)
metallic plum (dark purple)
If you want a powder coat color other than black, please contact Lagarto before ordering to discuss what color choices you have, and how long it will delay production of your collar. Some hardware is already coated and ready to install, other colors have to be processed, which is dirty, time consuming, and complicated. Sometimes blasting rough and powder coating jobs are delayed due to life circumstances or a busy work schedule.
1. When measuring your neck, round up to the next higher inch. For example 15.25" rounds up to 16".
2. If you want this collar to fit loosely, choose one inch larger than your neck circumference measurement.
3. If you want this collar to fit snug, choose one inch smaller than your neck circumference measurement - though consider simply adjusting from normal to a smaller setting when you want snug, giving you the opportunity to wear it normal if you retain water or gain weight.
4. To avoid a sloppy look, collars have a maximum of 9 adjustment holes. 6 or fewer adjustment holes is highly recommended.
5. Adjustment holes start at the collar size chosen, for a normal fit. Normal means free movement but not much more Each hole is a half inch apart.
Please read additional information about materials durability and warranty following the links at the bottom of any page on this website. If the collar wearer wishes to bathe/swim/sleep with the collar on, or will sweat profusely, please consider GatorStrap™ collars offered here.
Latigo Collar 1.25 inch wide with Deer Liner
- Product Code: LatColP1250DL
- Availability: Pre-Order